The 2019 PVS award went to Kevin Robertson. Kevin has lived in Bridlewood all his life and is an amazing track and field athlete.
At the end of grade 11, Kevin won first place at the 2018 Canadian Iron 113 Triathlon competing against athletes twice his age.
• first place at the Regional cross country meet – high school level
• 10th at the OFSSA Cross Country Championship, last year he was 29th, and he finished 16th at the U18 National Cross Country Championship.
• qualified and competed at OFSSA for cross-country skiing
• first place at the 47th Annual Nike/Rowlands Invitational running the 3000m run (8:45:41)
• first place in the Open Boys 2000m steeplechase at OFSSA (5:47:55)
• 4th place in the Senio Boys 3000M run at OFSSA (8:36:37)
• qualified for the U18 steeplechase event at the U18 Canadian National Championships being held this coming weekend in Montreal
• first place at the Richmond Road Race 10k (competing against all levels of runners)
• first place at the Ottawa Race Weekend 2000m (competing against all levels of runners)
• Kevin is the current all time record holder in the 3000M run and 2000m steeplechase for Bell H.S.
• Kevin has been a City of Ottawa lifeguard for two years and in the summer he rides his bike to and from Mooney’s Bay almost everyday – 21km’s each way.
Kevin has just recently been recruited by a NCAA Division I school with a full scholarship for track and field. Kevin currently trains with the Ottawa Lions.
His athletic achievements just keep building to greater and greater heights as he challenges himself against better and better competition. Kevin has always had the drive and work ethic found in elite athletes.
He has always been athletic and his early years had him playing in the Bridlewood Community baseball league.