Welcome to spring sports 2020
Registration is open and closes April 3, 2020.
For over 30 years, the Bridlewood Community Association has proudly offered an 8-week spring sports program in May and June for children currently enrolled in grades JK – 9. All sports are played on Bridlewood fields and are played one (1) night a week (Monday – Friday) starting at 6 pm.
Cost for BCA Members:
$50 per sport per participant, up to $150 for four or more sports. Volume discount applies to children of the same family.
Cost for Non-BCA Members:
$65 per sport per participant. No additional discounts apply.
Players receive a t-shirt, a medal and refreshments (pizza and drinks) at a banquet in June. For any parent that coaches a team, they will received a $50 honorarium at the end of the season!
The sports offered and the evenings they are played are (subject to change):
- JK Soccer (Wednesday)
- SK Soccer (Wednesday)
- Junior Soccer: Grades 1-2 (Friday)
- Intermediate Soccer: Grades 3-4 (Monday)
- Senior Soccer: Grades 5-6 (Thursday)
- JK/SK T-Ball (Monday)
- Junior Coach Pitch: Grades 1, 2 & 3 (Wednesday)
- Intermediate Coach Pitch: Grades 4, 5 & 6 (Tuesday)
- Ultimate Frisbee: Grades 7-9 (Tuesday)
The program begins the first week of May (weather permitting) and runs for 8 weeks. All sports begin with a practice at 6 pm and the games begin at 6:30 pm. IMPORTANT REMINDER: Children must be supervised by a parent or authorized adult at all times.
Overall Objectives of the Spring Sport Program:
- Emphasize safety and fun first!
- Help young athletes develop coordination, a sense of teamwork and teach the fundamentals of the sport.
- Recognize the important contribution that sports can make to our children and our community.
- Afford families a chance to get to know other Bridlewood families in a relaxed, fun, outdoor setting. Make new friends!
- Reinforce the True Sports Principles as part of the culture supported by the BCA, the City of Ottawa and local schools.
Once again, thank you for volunteering to be a coach or assistant coach in the BCA Spring Sports Program.
Equipment and jerseys for all teams will be provided during the Coaches Clinic on April 19. If you have questions or if you have equipment that needs repair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.