Welcome to spring sports 2020
Registration is closed.
As I’m sure most of you are aware, the City of Ottawa has closed all parks and park amenities, which include public sports fields and ball diamonds. This closure is now in place until June 30.
The Bridlewood Community Association (BCA) fully supports this decision to help stop the spread of COVID-19. To do our part, we are cancelling all of our planned events for the remainder of the year. This includes our monthly meetings, True Sports Event, Big Bridlewood Garage Sale, Annual Block Party and the Springs Sports Program.
With the cancellation of the Spring Sports Program, we will begin the process of refunding the registration fees through the TeamSnap system. It may take a couple of weeks to receive your refund as we need to process each registration separately and manually. There is no way to carry over your registration to the next year. Also, at this time there is no plan to hold the Spring Sports Program later in the year, once the fields are open.
Please visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to keep up to date on BCA activities and information.
Physcial distancing is quickest way to stop the spread.
Please take care and stay safe.
Thank you for all your support of the Bridlewood Community Association.
President, Bridlewood Community Association
Working with you to make our Community a great place to live, work and play!
The sports offered and the evenings they are played are (subject to change):
- JK Soccer (Wednesday)
- SK Soccer (Wednesday)
- Junior Soccer: Grades 1-2 (Friday)
- Intermediate Soccer: Grades 3-4 (Monday)
- Senior Soccer: Grades 5-6 (Thursday)
- JK/SK T-Ball (Monday)
- Junior Coach Pitch: Grades 1, 2 & 3 (Wednesday)
- Intermediate Coach Pitch: Grades 4, 5 & 6 (Tuesday)
- Ultimate Frisbee: Grades 7-9 (Tuesday)
The program begins the first week of May (weather permitting) and runs for 8 weeks. All sports begin with a practice at 6 pm and the games begin at 6:30 pm. IMPORTANT REMINDER: Children must be supervised by a parent or authorized adult at all times.
Overall Objectives of the Spring Sport Program:
- Emphasize safety and fun first!
- Help young athletes develop coordination, a sense of teamwork and teach the fundamentals of the sport.
- Recognize the important contribution that sports can make to our children and our community.
- Afford families a chance to get to know other Bridlewood families in a relaxed, fun, outdoor setting. Make new friends!
- Reinforce the True Sports Principles as part of the culture supported by the BCA, the City of Ottawa and local schools.
Once again, thank you for volunteering to be a coach or assistant coach in the BCA Spring Sports Program.
Equipment and jerseys for all teams will be provided during the Coaches Clinic on April 19. If you have questions or if you have equipment that needs repair, please contact email@example.com.